Writing Job Wroundup for 6.30.17
Find writing jobs all around the country that allow you to do what you love every day and get paid somewhere in the realm of $70,000 for doing so! Even veteran professional writers might need a change of scenery once in a while. Don’t forget to tell them that you saw it on Volo-Press.com! Location, responsibilities, and qualifications are included here.
To apply, just click the job titles to go to the job opening description page!_________________________
Capital Group is looking for a Senior Financial Writer (Fixed Income)
Location: Los Angeles, CA or New York NY
Relocation is included, so don’t let geography block you from this opportunity!
- Collaborate with content stakeholders to understand and follow strategic direction, key objectives and themes for content.
- Develop communications across all channels: white papers, video interviews, presentations, conferences, web content, webinars and social media.
- Write quarterly reports and semi-annual and annual shareholder reports on several strategies and funds.
- Report on markets and portfolios.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional writing experience, with at least 5 years experience in the financial services industry.
- Proven experience writing about fixed-income markets, financial planning, retirement plan options and products, and general economics topics.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into compelling, audience-appropriate communications.
- A portfolio of editorial content that exemplifies superb writing skills and an ability to develop creative solutions, from succinct promotional copy to long-form articles or reports.
- Excellent project management and organizational abilities; ability to work independently and manage multiple projects at one time while meeting rigorous deadlines
- A bachelor’s degree required; emphasis on journalism, marketing, economics or related field strongly preferred.
Equifax is looking for a Technical Writer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
If you’ve got a knack for explaining technical stuff in a clear, concise, and easy-to-understand way, this position might be right up your alley!
The Technical Writer will join a team that develops online and electronic software documentation using an advanced publication workflow. The team develops deliverables by collaborating with multiple resources across a broad technical portfolio. This role requires traditional technical writing skills – but daily activities are accomplished using a modern approach employing real-time crowdsourcing, topic reuse, automated publication, and continuous delivery.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or a communications related field
- Three to five years of experience as a technical writer or editor involving complex software solutions
- Professional-level skills in topic organization, audience analysis, user assistance, and online navigation
- A self-starter that can own, create, and maintain project artifacts with minimal supervision
- The ability to effectively edit content from global resources for whom English is a second language
Ubisoft is looking for a Senior Copywriter
Location: San Francisco, CA
Advertising Concepting & Copywriting
-In partnership with the Creative Director, Strategic planner, Art Director(s), Illustrator and freelancers – develop strategic buckets for 360 campaigns on our AAA brands. Concept and execute compelling consumer facing broadcast spots that bring the strategy to life. Support the 360 campaign idea with cross functional examples that tie in and support the strategic direction.
-Present those campaigns to Brand Management clients, revise as necessary, and see the campaigns through to execution/completion.
-Oversee external agencies and vendors as needed.
Video and trailers
-Write and present video and trailer options for various games
-Write and present naming options for various games
-Write and present packaging copy
-Write and present copy for websites, promotions, banner ads, interviews, PR factsheets, and other applications as needed
-Write or revise internal communications targeted at employees
If you’ve got the following, we’d love to talk to you:
• An inspiring, award winning, memorable portfolio
• A successful creative writing track record with at least 10 years’ experience in either an ad agency or in-house creative department
• Awesome conceptual skills
• Strong strategic thinking that really gets our 18-24 core consumer and can write in their voice
• Understanding of brands and products, and the ability to articulate them
• The ability to write great headlines and copy for all types of media
• The ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines
• The ability to collaborate with a wide range of internal teams – clients, Project Managers, Broadcast Producers, Editors, Motion Graphics artists, Copy Editing, Production, freelancers and external vendors
• A mature, professional attitude, combined with a desire to have fun
• Enthusiasm for videogames is a definite plus
*Please include a PDF or a link to your online portfolio with your resume. Applicants without links or work samples will not be considered.*